[DML] DeLorean "Glue"

Hello,
What is the best glue to use when attaching door panels etc. to the stainless steel doors? I can clearly see that the factory used some yellow glue (which is dried out now) on the inside of the panels to make them stick better, and not only rely on the fir tree fasteners.

I know someone talked about 3M products. What is the right name and part number. I guess I'll be needing both "glue" and "glue-removal" of the old glue already on the car.

Is the glue really necessary? Opinions anyone?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY