[DML] Re: Binnacle Removal

Nick-

I just did this myself this weekend, and it wasn't the easiest thing to do.
Some of the nuts are kinda difficult to get to, and if you've got some deep
sockets, it will make the whole thing a lot easier.

First, remove the two knee pads on either side of the steering wheel, they're
held in place by 4 10mm nuts each.

Second, there are 6 7mm nuts holding the binnacle on, two on a bracket on
the steering wheel, and the other 4 around where the edges of it meet the
dash itself. You can recognize them by the very large washers they use.
This is where the deep sockets will help tremendously.

With these removed, the binnacle will life right up, but then you have to
disconnect the speedo cable and the two electric connectors for the
instrument cluster. After this, it pulls right off. Hope this helps!!

Scott