[DML] Re: Emergency Brake

"gus schlachter" <gu-@xxxx> wrote:

> The real tinkering began when I was just about done and tried to lift
the
> brake handle...POP! then no more resistance. I thought I'd broken a
cable
> but I was mistaken. One of the cable ends pulled through the bracket
under
> the handle by *bending* it and slipping through, which is probably the
> result of my using so much force on the handle to keep the car
parked. I
> assume this is not a typical Delorean experience for the rest of you,
no?

I had exactly the same problem about 4 weeks ago, but it was fixed. It
took us about 6 hours to do it, because we had to weld(?) the handbrake
as it was almost broken. It turned out that the brake thing on the
wheel side was a bit rusted and did not move again, so all the force on
the breaks was coming from the left wheel. It also turned out that the
cable was dried out. This was also lubricated.

The break balance of the handbrake is still not good, but a least I can
put force on both wheels again!

Cya,
Rob van der Veer(#3695)