[DML] Re: A DMC problem

I may have given this answer before, but get out your trusty Radio
Shack meter
& see where the juice stops. See my story under the Sept 1999 entry at
http://members.home.net/rsrodgers/DMCservice.htm . My problem was a
loose
ground wire on the solenoid!

As far as DMCJoe's comment, you can tell if the service mod has been
done if
there is no BROWN wire going to the starter solenoid, and there are
only THREE
brown wires on the relay at position 22 or 23 in the figure on the Sept
entry.

EVERY D owner should have the Shop Manual, Parts Book, and Service
Bulletins!

They are available from PJ Grady and several other's. The Parts Manual
is
available for download on the DMCNews site! Anyone have other resources
available online?

Robert S. Rodgers
VIN 17015
rsrodgers@xxxx
http://members.home.net/rsrodgers

> I finally installed my rebuilt starter and solenoid today hoping
it would
> solve my problem but it didnt. When I turn the key a little I hear
the pump
> going and when I turn it all the way to the starting position I just
get one
> click from behind the passenger seat. what could be the problem? I
look