[DML] Engine pully timing marks.

Hello Friends,

Does anyone have experience with the procedures for installing an ignition
distributor? Upon installation of the distributor the crankshaft pulley
must be rotated to match its marking to the timing plate. My question is,
what marking do you use?

The crankshaft pulley has two marks. One of the marks is firing position
# 1 cylinder @ 0 degrees, and the other is firing position # 6 cylinder @ 0
degrees. ((0 degrees = Top dead center)). The pulley has the 2 markings,
however they are not labeled which one is # 1 mark or # 6 marking. The Manuel
states that the pulley must be 0 degrees firing position # 1 cylinder not # 6.
When I rotate the crankshaft clockwise and align one of the markings @ 0
the other marking is either at approximately 8 o'clock. If I rotate the 8
o'clock marking to 0 degrees the other marking is a 6 o'clock.
My DMC Manuel shows a different version of the PRV. ((the Manuel was
purchased from the DMCA many years ago...DMCA were the DeGullwing
publishers)). The timing plate and its location are completely different on
the DeLorean PRV, than what is shown in this Manuel. I have no idea what
version of the PRV DMCA used in its manuel. I appreciate your responses.

Sincerely,
Michael Pack