[DML] PRV tuning

Hi everybody,
With all the talk about increasing the Delorean's performance recently,
and expensive engine swaps, I thought I'd post this link to a very good
PRV page that I found in the archives...

http://www.vectorbd.com/users/jpl/v6.html

Of all the cars that had the PRV installed, the delorean has the lowest
bhp. The highest listed bhp is the venturi twin turbo @ 450bhp.
My question is this: why go to all the trouble of finding a diferent
engine block which will fit in the delorean engine bay, when a lot of
power is achievable from the original engine?
With an engine swap, you probably have to design custom engine mounts,
and try and mate it up to the transmission. Also, these engines are a
different weight and would probably require rear suspension adjustment.
The might make the weight distribution even worse than 35/65 front/rear.
Not to mention the originality factor of having a Ford, Cadillac or
Chevy V-8 in a DeLorean...some of the guys John DeLorean tried to
compete against with the DMC-12.

I think it's great that there are some very talented people on this
list who have the expertise to do an engine swap on a DeLorean, but I
think that if they put half the money and half the effort into tuning
the PRV engine, they would see amazing results!

Looking forward to hearing more on Steve Wynn's work with the PRV :)

John Dore, Ireland.
http://homepage.eircom.net/~johndore
"John's Irish DeLorean Webpage!"