[DML] Re: Headlight conversion...contd.,

[DML] Re: Headlight conversion...contd.,

Hiya,

If you find your way to the "Euro-conversion differences" page on my website, you'll find some close-ups of the headlight/indicator on Mike Hooper's car. This photo is there to illustrate the different mounting of the indicator, but the headlight beam pattern can also be seen. The "sidelights" are like those in many european cars (my Citroen is like this) the headlight unit has a second smaller hole beneath (?) that for the main bulb, where you can place a small, low wattage bulb. These are meant to be used in murky weather when you want to be seen rather than to actually see with the lights. Do Volvos in the US have theirs permanently on? They do over here. It's a Swedish regulation that cars have their sidelights on all the time. For some reason the UK models are like that too!

As to which Audi the lights come from, I haven't a clue, sorry! I do know they are Sylvania units, though.

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk

Danrc30 wrote:

Martin, Could you descibe the "Audi" lights in more detail please? Which model do they come from? What do they look like? They have integrated side marker lights? Please descibe what you mean by that. Do you have a pic you could post on the site? The Nissan lights have separate high beams and low beams. ---Dan