[DML] Re: Production Dates

Gus,

I might be misinterpreting what you wrote, but do you mean you're puzzled by
the date in your door being "4/10/81", when your car was built in October of
'81? Well, here in Australia, and I think this is the same in the UK as
well, we write the *day* first then the month, rather than the *month* first
then the day (as you do in the US). So the date in your door is "4th of
October, '81", not "April 10th, '81". Is this what you were getting at?
Sorry if I misread what you wrote, but I just wanted to clarify the date issue.

Just for the record, when we pulled off the headliners in our DeLorean, the
date and VIN was written all over the underside of the SS panel. Apparently
our car was assebled around the 11th of December, 1981. i think this date
was also written on the inside of the interior door panel. Also, the date on
the VIN plate is Dec/81.

Another little trinket we found in our D while working on it, was an
American penny (dated 1985) underneath the rubber "boot" surrounding the
gear shifter. I guess that means someone was tinkering with the gear shifter
circa 1985 and accidentally dropped (or intentionally placed) it down there.

>While chasing my intermittent door locks, I discovered some permanent-marker
>writing on the inside stainless of my driver's door. It was initialed and
>dated 4/10/81, even though my car has an official build date of 10/81. Just
>for the record.

Rick Haslewood
Sydney, Australia
delorean@xxxx