[DML] Tailpipes

I seem to recal going to a show, and some one mentioning that the 83s had a
different tailpipe than the 81's. My 83 has the exact same tailpipe as my
81 I am curious. IF you were to order a new tailpipe from our friendly
local neiborhood Delorean parts dealer, would it be a different design?
Just curious thanks
Joe P.
6808
17167