[DML] A Dupont DeLorean?

Hello,
I recently purchased a black 81 DeLorean that needs a fair amount of
work. The car was involved in a miner accident on the right side. It sat in
the insurance yard for a whole year with a broken window, the interior is
completly ruined(except dash). ANYWAYS The original owner bought it back
from the insurance company and then sold it to me. He bought the car new in
Pennsylvania from a dealer with 1,500 miles on it. The car was black when he
got it. The dealer told him that Dupont painted the car to prove that their
paint would stick to stainless. I have heard about dupont cars, could myne
be one? the vin# is 2496 with gas flap on hood and black interior. I know
the number isnt real early but it seems like DeLorean would start making a
few cars before they would let dupont mess with them. The title says "new"
and color: black. If anyone knows what vins were tested by Dupont please
respond. The paint is starting to oxidise so I think I am going to strip it
this summer. I just think it would be neat to know if this was a test car.

I also need a set of USED seats that are in decent condition. Also, Does any
dealer out there sell carpet as a kit? DMC Houston does not yet sell kits
but said they will in the near future. Carpet ALONE is over $1059.00 if each
piece is bought separate. (I'm in high school and dont have that kind of
money, is there another solution?)

Thanks
vin#2496-its coming back!