[DML] steering

Ok guys....does this sound familiar....I'm driving into a culdasac and
as I make a tight turn turn to come around full circle it feels like my
front wheels kinda " bump" around, like they were wobling or
something...sounds weird I know but does this sound like any particular
problem?...I'm going to inspect my steering components and see if there
is any worn parts that could be suspect.........Plus, when I'm down
shifting to slow down and take a turn the car will NEVER let me
downshift into second....instead I have to chug it around in
third......what could that possibly be?
-Thanks,
Donald Kazmark