[DML] Re: Heat shields.

In a message dated 11/13/99 1:24:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Sjaeger01@xxxx writes:

<< Did you just replace them with
shields available from the Delorean parts suppliers, replaced them with
something else or not replace that at all? Is there other options? >>

>From what I've read on the DML: leave them off and toast your car parts...
I'm guessing belts & hoses, possibly alternator. Ownership-wise I'm in the
"looking" stage. Drove a D last Monday and when I got out and glanced back
at the car following about 15 mins. of driving, the heat waves were just
pouring out of the back of it!

I understand powerwashing them can damage them.

Somebody on the list mentioned, a month or two ago, that they had made their
own, and made them a bit longer for better protection. Check the archives.

I'm sure dmc houston must have them.
"www.de-lorean-steel-products.purespace.de" (in Germany) makes them out of
stainless, I believe.
- Wayne