[DML] Re: DOD and DeLorean production chronology analysis

[DML] Re: DOD and DeLorean production chronology analysis

"Montgomery, Ken" wrote:
<SNIP>

> make the next version available in an electronic format. We MAY have
> another printed version for the Cleveland show, but only if it's paid
> for with advertising.

I have mixed feelings about this. What would be the impact on
commercial involvement in any of the official activities of the DML? It
kind of goes against the purpose of the list in some ways. Would a
sponsor of the DOD imply that they own the list??

<SNIP>
> I'm really sorry if the name list on the DOD page is a problem. Don't
> even get me started about 'invasion of privacy' issues. Some of us
> discussed what to include and we didn't think there would be a problem
> as long as nothing but city and state info was included. Opinions
> everyone??

With the information on the name list, and a little searching on the
net- you could make your own complete DOD list. It is not hard to find
phone numbers and street addresses with full names, and town. While I
dont have a problem with this personally (right now...), it does go
against the privacy that was expected when we all signed up for it.

> Remember guys, 'we' (the moderators and other people working behind the
> scenes at DMCnews) are just individuals on the DML, like you. Try not to
> beat on us too hard. We just want to keep the DML running. We make this
> stuff up as we go along. None of us are experts in moderation or
> security or any of this. It's great when it works, we're sorry when it
> doesn't.

Sorry if you think I am beating anyone! I am just putting in my $.02 to
help improve what we already have. Tone does not translate well on
E-mail. Be assured, my comments were made to question the status, and
give "feedback" as to the current state of the DOD.