[DML] Re: Unanswered DeLorean Questions

I think Marc has done a very good job at analyzing certain issues here.
One of the main guidelines of the list refers to the point that someone
should try a quick search of the archives before posting a question. Basic
questions have been answered repeatedly. If you can't find the answer in the
archives after a quick check, then by all means post your question. I think
it is clear however that recent posts about the common items mentioned, show
that the archives were not used by these members. If the moderators wish the
practice of searching first to be changed than amend the guidelines.

I have noticed that other previous DML "do-nots" seem to have been changed
as well. Commercial posting seems to have taken on a new format for
instance. However tech questions being answered are something I find
valuable here on the list. Wording them in a way to simply sell a part or
promote a business is another thing. As stated, Don Steger and Rob Grady are
presumably to busy to have time to monitor, or designate an employee, to
monitor the list. I know that in the past when one of the employee's from
one of these places responded to a repeated post from someone asking for a
certain item, they in turn responded that they simply had that item in stock
if the person had difficulty finding it. The post was rejected under the
guideline that commercial posting was not allowed and that was not what the
DML was for. Perhaps that is why other DeLorean oriented places such as
DeLorean Motor Center, PJ Grady's and others, do not take time to become
involved with the DML. Or perhaps they have established such a productive
business, or well respected reputation, that they do not need to solicit
business. In any there are obvious benefits for anyone involved in the sale
or service of parts and accessories to be involved in the DML.

I think DMC Joe for example does a good job of responding to questions on
the DML. Also his responses always list other parts suppliers and service
centers as sources of DeLorean parts and service. Obviously any company in
any walk of life that gained a monopoly on a supply of items or service for
consumers, would enable them to charge whatever they wanted for these items
or service. This is the main reason I believe it is important to support all
our DeLorean suppliers and centers. As Joe always states "promote your
DeLorean parts suppliers" instead of buying from other sources. This helps
keep all the places that that provide excellent service and supply for our
cars in business which in turn "Keeps the dream alive" and within reach for
us all.

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic

In a message dated 11/6/99 4:44:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,