[DML] Re: Engine for sale and bellhousing question

[DML] Re: Engine for sale and bellhousing question

Thanks to everyone for all the information! I'll give everyone some more
info on my project. I am using a Vortech V6. Originally about 1 1/2 years
ago, I wanted to go with a TPI 350 (L98) but that would have been extremely
hard with the stock transmission being rated at only 250 hp and also weight
distribution. I don't know of any other transmission that I could go with
so I've decided to stick with the stock one (which is an automatic) The
Vortech seems to be almost the same size as the Volvo, but another problem I
am facing, other than the belhousing, is the oil pan on the Vortech. Other
than that, I think the Vortech is quite a good engine of choice. It's rated
at 220 hp, it's very dependable, and its a Chevy engine so I can go to any
parts house or mechanic to have it worked on. I don't know of anyone that
has done an engine swap with a automatic going to a chevy engine. I've
talked with Daryl Tennerset quite a few times and he is a great source of
information, however, his D is a 5 speed. If anyone that has an auto and
has done a chevy conversion could please contact me I would greatly
appreciate it. I already have started on taking out the engine again and
will, hopefully, be looking at finding a way to mount the engine to the
transmission and frame next weekend.

Once again, thanks to everyone who replied to my emails!,

Duke