[DML] Re: Another Giugiaro Design Influence?

[DML] Re: Another Giugiaro Design Influence?

This is my first posting here so I hope I do this right. :))

Another car that resembled the DeLorean was the first phase prototype of the
Cadillac Allanté built in 1983 by Pininfarina in Turin, Italy. It had four
seperate headlights with a grill just like the D. They were surrounded with
a rubber or plastic gray front end piece as well. Above the grill and
lights that piece was only about an inch long before the hood started but it
still looked a lot like a DeLorean.

But by late 83 when the second prototype came out, all those DeLorean
resemblances were gone and the car took on more of a look of it's own. One
day I'll get a picture of it up on my website:
http://www.mindspring.com/~gatewayaag

Well at least they still share the same spirit--low production orphan 2
seater.

--Jonathan Heslop DMC#000697
(Allanté NU126027, PU128044, & PU128171)
St. Louis, MO
mailto:gatewayaag@xxxx