[DML] Re: History Channel Documentary

Claude,
There is only one statement that you made that I personally disagree with.
You said "hence the oversize factory". Based on the projections of
manufacturing capacity and room for expansion the factory was well designed
and proportioned. As a matter of fact the factory is the only asset that
the British Government gained when DMC closed. This beautiful facility is
still in use today employing hundreds of workers in the Belfast area. John
DeLorean said his operation would put a lot of jobless people back to work,
so in reality the British government is getting a return on their
investment to this very day.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: CBL302@xxxx
>

> If there was someone to blame for a "Blunder" it was the man himself
(JZD)not
> the British Goverment,ok maybe a little blame on the British Government
for
> not keeping closer tabs on how the money was spent,but JZD was a General
> Motors man,and the only thing he knew real good was about making high
volume
> cars,he was trying to run DMC as if it was one of the divisions of
General
> Motors,in other words some
> body else pays all the bills(British Gov.),no matter what the cost,hence
the
> oversize factory,the Park Ave offices(New York)the overruns in expenses,
the
> over production
> of cars ect.By the time he realized his "Blunders" it was to late,the
British