[DML] Re: Un- paint a D?

Jimmy said:

>Hello. I might be buying a painted 81 Delorean. Is there anyway to un-
paint
>or remove the paint from it without damaging the SS? Is it possible
for me to
>do it myself? Thank You very much for answering my questions. I am
very
>grateful.

Well, gratz on the concept of purchasing a D :-) (Excellent choice ...
I'll have mine eventually also ...) The problem with buying a painted D
is that the prep work involved with doing a GOOD paint job on stainless
requires (according to other information on the list) that the
stainless is acid etched(?) which often ruins the texturing on the
stainless panels and makes it virtually impossible to restore to it's
original finish. Also somthing to watch out for is that psint jobs
_sometimes_ are used to handle stainless panel damage ... just somthing
to think about :-)

Check the old archives tho at http://www.dmcnews.com there have been
some discussions previously about painted D's.

Josh Seely
Now.here@xxxx
D-Fanatic at small ......
Vin: Pending