[DML] Re: More issues with DMC insurance.

[DML] Re: More issues with DMC insurance.

My husband owns a DeLeorean, and I work for Allstate (in Texas). The
questions regarding insurance have been brought to my attention, so I wanted
to make a few comments. First of all, insurance varies by state as each
state is regulated by its own Board of Insurance. In Texas, cars that have
been involved in a loss (whether it be an accident, total loss or what have
you), are paid out on an "actual cash value" basis -- that is the value of
the car at the time of the loss. I suggest that all owners of
"special/classic, etc" cars maintain pictures, all maintanence records and
anything else that could be valueable when it comes to an insurance claim.
Insurance companies do maintain "unacceptable vehicle" lists of which most
have DeLoreans on them. When a person wants to insure one of these vehicles
they normally pay a higher premium, there are exceptions -- if there are no
under age drivers in the household, no claims/tickets/accidents in the last
39 months and how long a person has been insured by that particular company.
We have our auto and home insurance through Allstate and have had these
policies for 2 1/2 years. On our auto policy we have 2 1998 Mustangs and my
husbands 1982 DeLorean. We have a $200 Comp/Collision deductible and pay
$324/6 months for the D. -- hope this helps!

any questions can be e-mailed directly to Police6627@xxxx -- attn. ANGIE

vin 11288, Sugar Land, Texas