[DML] Re: Those darn hoses.

"doctor280" <doctor28-@xxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=3599

> the coolant
> > hoses on it have become old and have started to rot(specifically
the ones
> > attached to the coolant tank). My question is, if I replace them,
will I
> > have to pull the engine to get to all of them, or is it possible to
reach
> > them all without that much effort?
>
> Dont pull the engine !!! All the coolant hoses can be replaced
without removing the engine. Some of the hoses are more difficult to
get to then others, but you can get to all of them. It is best to have
a lift or put the car on jack stands to get the ones under the car.
There are 15 or 16 hoses on the Delorean ( I loose count ). It will be
best to replace all the hoses. The hoses are offered in a kit from your
friendly Delorean part suppliers.

> Sitting back and taking the credit,
> Robert Starling
> Vin#5252

although it is true the engine does not need to be removed
tou will need to disassemble the top of it to get to
the hoses behind the water pump.Also check the "o" rings
under the water distribution pipe. Before you reassemble
the engine pressure test to 10-12 psiat least for 15 min >