[DML] Bruce Newbie

I suppose NO ONE has a typical situation in owning/driving a DeLorean.   I am rarely on here because I never (knock on wood) have had any problem to ask about.  I enjoy reading the problems and solutions tho, and keep a file just in case.  Of course that is what this digestif for mainly..I bought my car 2 1/2 years ago from the original owner with 3K miles on it.  I probably paid more than most do but wanted to at least start with basically a good car.  I had read all the "horror" stories re everything that is bad about a low mileage car....rubber being rotten everywhere etc.  None of it has come true in my case.  Mine is a daily driver, although in our town we can drive from one city limit to the other in ten minutes so it is hard to pile up much mileage.   I just enjoy it and use it for a second car in town mainly.   I have done nothing to it except change the fluids and a new battery.  There is nary a drop of oil or anti freeze under the car.  IT starts instantly and the air conditioning keeps me cool and heater keeps me warm.  It is an automatic which I preferred.  Everything works.  I have owned lots of cars (I am 78) and have driven many with a gear shift and enjoyed them.  I have gotten tothe point where I am tired of rowing thru the gears all the time tho and am in no hurry to go anywhere. From the various publications and information I have seen, apparently there were about eight 5 speeds to 1 automatic built.  It is always a gamble in buying ANY used car.   The owner can be a preacher and lie like crazy about his mileage and his cars condition!  Ho ho.  You just don't really know what you are getting most of the time.  But that applies to ANY car.  Like I said at first, no onehas a typical situation.  In my case I don't put a lot of mileage on my car and maybe if I drove it 15K miles a month my story would be different.  I have the original NCT tires on mine which still look like new, but I will probably replace them soon just to get a little better ride.  They arenot checked or cracked in any way.   I guess I should qualify that above remark a little.  My only electrical problem was the clock not working.  After much advice from various sources, I found the solutionwas that I needed a new battery...It had a new battery when I purchased the car, but had developed a dead cell...  Also the torsion bars on my doors needed adjusting, and in lieu of anyone in the boonies here to work on them, I gotthe info from the DeLorean World magazine and built my own jig and now can do it quicky and easily (and safely) myself (with one helper).  FWIW Department.

Murray Fisher
Vin: 05962 Lic: DMC-XII
Washington State