[DML] Bruce - Newbie

Responding to your question that Deloreans need a lot of maintenance:

Your question struck a cord with me while reading it and also a comment brought to mind from a friend the other day, questioning the valve or non-value of the dmc bulletin board.  His comment was,"The bulletin board seems to discourage and paint a very bad picture of the Delorean automobile, in that, it makes it appear that is not worth the trouble to own one with all the problems and up-keep that seems to be required.
The Delorean is an excellent automobile that requires no more maintenance that any other automobile provided that you give it the care and attention as you would the car you drive on a regular basis.
The Delorean is a study in design, granted it has it's quirks, the same as any other piece of machinery and therefore, requires it's tweaks now and then.  To be afraid of the maintenance requirements is to be afraid to own any type of automobile.  Do not be afraid.
As my friend and I concluded, we questions the remarks made on the bulletin board, from a non owner's point of view that we may be painting a very dim picture of ownership and that many want-to-be owners my steer clear of ownership.  Hopefully not.  It is something to be consideredwith our comments and maybe we ( the poster's on the bulletin board) should tag a comment of the joys and pride we have in being owners.
Have been wanting to make this comment for sometime andI thank you for giving me the stimulus to do so.
Aside:  this might be a contributing reason for the price of such a wonderful car to be so sub-standard priced.  A Delorean is worth far more than the national pricing indicated and if you can get one now on today's market, I say go for it , you will not regret it and you will miss out on a hell of a lot of enjoyment if you deny yourself the joy of being a Delorean driver.  I rest my case!