[DML] Re: Driver's door does not latch

Darren wrote:
> Okay, I guess I left that bit of info out.  Yes, my D does have the big
> chunks of stainless, aka door guides.  There is not a clunking sound of the
> door pin hitting the door guides, so I feel that the door has at least decent
> alignment.  It looks closed when depressed, unlike my passenger side door.  I
> can put allmy weight on the drivers door, and the latches will not catch.
> DMCJoe says he has the answer, I will contact you as soon as I can.  If I
> left out any other info, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> Darren Decker
The fix to Darren's door not latching was a simple cable adjustment. The exterior door handle has a cable attached to it, which is intern attach to central arm that controls the latches. His Delorean has the metal upgraded exterior handle, but who ever installed it did not properly adjust it.

To get to the adjustment, remove the upper door panel and mid way down the door it will be staring you in the face.

His door will now stay latched as designed and he will not be falling out any time soon.

 So, as Joe has said, "The original system is an excellent design and the hardware never seems to wear out. Door latch problems usually don't start by themselves. Inexperienced hands are usually the culprit."

Drive your dream and everyone be safe,
Robert Starling
Vin#5252