[DML] Using the DML to Conduct Surveys

Currently we have two threads running which are essentially surveys.
They are "How many people have a car alarm?" and "How many people store
their DeLoreans outdoors?" These threads are getting a lot of responses
which contain very little information. They *almost* qualify as "me
too" posts.

Allow me to point out that eGroups has a perfectly good survey function
which is available to all of us. It could easily tally up these
statistics without jamming all of our E-mail boxes. In the interest of
keeping the DML a pleasant community, I STRONGLY SUGGEST that these
questions be conducted as surveys in the future.

If you want to accumulate detailed statistics, like the brand name of
their alarm or stereo, please ask subscribers to send private Email to
you. When you tally the results feel free to post them to the rest of
us. For an example, see the "Frequency of Accidents for DeLoreans vs
Other Cars" survey in the 1997 back issues:

http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/dml211.html

- Mike Substelny
this week's DML moderator