[DML] Re: Fuel tank mess

OK, I got all the new parts in the tank and then put pressure on the system. I removed the air box and pressed on the metal disk and it had no back pressure. I then tried to start the car, it sputtered and kick some for the very start but soon would not hit at all. I pulled and cleaned the plugs and still nothing. So, looks like a stuck fuel distributor the car has set most of the time. Any way to unstick this thing? any other ideas?
Thanks, Charles

Don't worry about the fuel lines. What little bit of crud is in them will
be trapped by the filter. A stuck fuel distributor is only common on
cars that have sat for a long time. You can tell if its stuck by doing
the following. Put everything together and start the car, or atleast
let the fuel pump run long enough to pressurize the system. Then,
remove the air filter box. In the center of the engine is a round metal
disk. Try to push it down. IF it goes down very easily, then your
distributor is probably stuck. If it resist, then its not stuck.

-Brandon