[DML] Re: Owners check list, not for the car, but you!

[DML] Re: Owners check list, not for the car, but you!

I just have to add my 2 cents.

"Mechanical marvel"??? GET REAL. The car is under powered, has typically poor British
electronics and wiring (except the Bosch FI), only adequate suspension, and some very poor
design (i.e. door locks, window regulators, rear trailing arms)... and being "privileged" by
owning one ?? get real again. The only thing regarding the car that makes you "privileged" is
that you could afford the $15-$18k you have paid for a really nice one. In other words, you
didn't have to wait in line to buy it.

On the other hand, you could have done worse. You could have bought a Bricklin. Bricklins,
while they have more power, have REALLY poor design and suspension although their wiring is
better and is mostly absent of Delorean era electronics. The acrylic body (no Erik, it is not
fiberglass) does resist dents and gouges quite well, but is very susceptible to stress cracks
and cannot be repaired or painted easily (nor can a Delorean). And as far as JZD being a
genius, well while he was at the top of his class, he did nothing more spectacular than Malcom
Bricklin.

And as far a "mechanical marvels" go, I am still amazed as to how well my 21 year old Sony TV
works.

The bottom line Erik, is that you should enjoy your car - you've obviously worked hard for it.
Just keep a little perspective.

Steve Brodsky 82 Delorean #10688 - 51,000 miles (original owner), 75 Bricklin #1509 - 687
miles (3rd owner)