[DML] Clearing a few things up...

Hi everyone, I'm writing this letter just to clear a few "rumour
problems" that I've heard about.

1. I was told that on some of the early '81 models (mainly w/black
intieriors) the bolt holes for the struts were drilled too far up on
the doors, this inturn caused the struts to place pressure on the
center of the doors roofs and thus forced them to "bow out".

2. The PRV-6 is prone to warped head gaskets with age, thus most D's
are now having this problem, and if not, are likely to incur it some
time soon.

Normaly I am skeptical about comments like these, but both came
directly from TWO MAJOR PARTS SUPPLIERS & SERVICE CENTRES.

3. The spare tire only holds air for about 2 weeks, then goes flat, why
exactly is this? Is it a problem with the original tire in place, or is
it with the rim itself? (disscussed before on the list, a matching car
tire is a '71 or '72 Vega, perfect as a spare or for winter storage) In
Las Vegas there is ALOT of construction going on (nails on the road),
and EVERY car we've owned has gotten at least 1 flat at some time!

4. Finally, Is JZD going to be a Grandfather soon? I was contacted by
someone claiming to be Kathryn, who says that she is raising money for
her father's new company, and her soon-to-be-born child. I know that
there are some "lurkers" out there on the list that monitor what goes
on for JZD. Maybe someone could shed a little light on the subject?
(either publicly or privately)

Thanks for everything, and keep in mind... 1,2,& 4 are only rumours,
not proven truths yet. Thanks again!

-Robert