[DML] Autocross in St. Louis the weekend of the Expo

[DML] Autocross in St. Louis the weekend of the Expo

Hi Everyone,

A few of us in the St. Louis and central/southern Illinois area were
kicking around the idea of getting some DeLoreans out to an autocross that
is taking place on Sunday October 10th in St. Louis where the DOA Expo is
taking place. Disclaimer: This is NOT in any way affiliated with the DOA or
the Expo, and we're certainly not out to compete in any way. Just trying to
offer something a little different for those people who may be interested.

Anyway, the 10th is the last day of the DOA Expo and while there doesn't
seem to be much on the posted schedule, I'm afraid you would have to miss
the 10:00am brunch to participate in the autocross. It is being held at the
Riverport Ampitheatre grounds at the west end of St. Louis, about 20
minutes or so from the downtown area and you would need to be on-site
*before* 10am to be able to register. The events normally end by around 3
or 4pm.

The local SCCA chapter has offered to create a DeLorean only class for time
and scoring purposes if we can get 6 or more cars to compete. With less
than 6 cars we'll end up in the normal SCCA classes where the 'Vettes will
kick our b*tts :(

Autocrossing, for those of you not familiar with it, is a timed test of
driver skill. It is NOT dangerous to the car in any way, other than a
little extra tire and brake pad wear. It involves taking 3 or 4 runs of 60
seconds or less each, around a miniature road racing course built with
orange construction cones. It is held in a large open parking lot and you
run solely against the clock not against other cars. In other words, no
obstacles are present that could damage the car.

If you are interested in this, please contact me for more information. I'll
probably make up a web page in the next few days with details, additional
info, and a map to the site. But feel free to e-mail me at mnoeltne@xxxx
to get more info, ask questions about autocrossing or anything else
concerning this. We would love to see a bunch of DeLoreans come out and
give the local SCCA guys a thrill!

Thanks

Mark Noeltner
SCCA member and DeLorean owner