[DML] Re: Aftermarket steering wheels

rdh@xxxx wrote:

The illustrated DeLorean World article that Dick is referring to is
Volume 6 No. 3, Spring 1989. Also in the same issue is an illustrated
article on the installation of a Cruise Control on a DeLorean.

The Past Issues index for DeLorean World is located on the Association
web site at:

http://www.delorean-owners.org/dw/index.html

Click on Past Issues or go directly to the 1989 issue at:

http://www.delorean-owners.org/dw/89-90.html

Association members may order all past issues of DeLorean World in the
DeLorean Store located at:

http://www.deloreanstore.com/

By the way, I have the pleasure of owning the '83 DeLorean which has
this 'removable steering wheel' and the cruise control that were
featured in the referenced articles, as well as a transmission oil
cooler and stainless steel performance muffler that were featured in
other articles in DeLorean World.

The steering is a three spoke leather covered wheel very similar to the
DeLorean stock wheel, except it has a flatter hub. It has a key lock
which allows it to be removed (although I have only had it off one time
since I hae owned the car for over 5 years.

Grant is building a website at:

http://www2.grantproducts.com/grantproducts/

Ray Haug
Internet Director
DeLorean Owners Association

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=3002
> A very old issue of the DeLorean World had pictures of a DeLorean
with an
> aftermarket steering wheel. In fact, I believe it was "detachable"
as a
> further guard against theft of the car (that was back in the days
when we
> owners actually thought a self-respecting thief would steal a
DeLorean).