[DML] Re: overheated DeLorean/Fuel problem

[DML] Re: overheated DeLorean/Fuel problem

In a message dated 9/13/99 5:51:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, raddad@xxxx
writes:

<<
I agree that the DMC has had more than its share of engine fires; or at
least that I have heard of more DeLorean engines fires than just about any
car other than old VW's (which I also own). The reasons can be many.
Howver, I don't think you can discount the fact that many of the owners are
inadvertently, either the culprits or contributors to the problem. >>

The problem is not the "THE kind of fuel system" the Delorean has,but how
the repairs are done,after all you did not see a bunch of Deloreans bursting
into flames back in 1981-83,also many other car makers used the same Fuel
SYSTEM,My 1974 Mercedes 450 SL used THE same Bosch Jetronic fuel system,and
that never caught on fire,the biggest problem that I see is that a lot of
mechanics and DIY's,reinstall the old copper shims when,they reinstall any of
the dozen fuel lines on the Delorean,then they tend to leak(because they were
aready compressed once),I know been there done that,when I was changing my
fuel pump.

Claude
Vin#6383