[DML] Re: Where does this Hose go?

Jim,

There is supposed to be an open-ended hose in that vicinity but I can't tell
if that's the one. My open hose is bent in a "U" shape downward and not
sticking straight out, presumably to keep water out.

That "canister" is the oil fill cap and (I think) vents the crankcase
pressure. On my engine, the larger unclamped hose removes easily, but is
snug (it doesn't fall off by itself).

I also was missing my intake hose, and searched high and low for a
substitute, eventually bought a generic that wouldn't work, and basically
wasted allot of time. One call to USADMC put the exact right part in my
hands two days and $20 later. (It was about $20, don't quote me.)

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695