[DML] Re: "Preliminary Announcement"

> The real question in my mind is, "How reliable is
> toscano2@xxxx"? :-)

Not very, in my opinion. The www.delorean.com site that, according
to James Espey, is the property of John DeLorean, links to the mailing
list that this guy claims is a hoax. I doubt that JZD's site would link
to a mailing list in his name over which he has no control, and not be
bothered by that as well.

To get a further indication of his reliability, go to his website at
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/speedlimit/index.html. According to him, he
is slated to publish an article in August 1999 "in the world's greatest
and most prestigious automotive magazine' that will "blow the top off
the new DeLorean project". I have yet to see anything of the sort, but
he claims to be in touch with everybody from JZD to dealers, and from
the looks of his page, it would appear as if John Z. DeLorean has
created a completely new car company in total secrecy, without the
assistance of press releases or a public search for investors.

Finally, casting further doubt on "toscano2@xxxx"'s
credibility, his web site features what can only assumed to be him,
wearing a clown suit of questionable nature in the aftermath of a Mardi
Gras type festival.

I would love to believe this stuff, but it seems like no more than a
hastily thrown together web page with little believable content. If
there is any truth to what he's saying, perhaps he ought to elaborate
upon these fantastic claims, and share it with the rest of the list.

Just my thoughts,
Mike Campbell
no VIN yet