[DML] DeLorean Dilemma

Fellow DeLorean Enthusiasts/Owners,
I confess, I am having a kind of dilemma here regarding our mutual
friend, the DMC. Ever since I was 10 and saw the BTTF movies, I wanted
one. Then, about 5 months ago, I finally got my license, and began
looking for a car. I wanted a really unusual car, something
neat-looking, fast...and I stumbled upon this mailing list!!! I began
subscribing to the mailing list, going through the DeLorean Web Ring
almost weekly, and saving like crazy to get one. But lately, I've been
having some second thoughts;
I've noticed that the majority of posts on the mailing list are
about mechanical features/fixes/problems (although I don't know what I
was expecting :)). I am quite unknowledgeable in auto-mechanics (but
am learning more every day thanks to you guys :))...does the DeLorean
really have this many problems?!
Please...make me feel better...tell me that they don't, and that
I'll be able to get one and drive it nice and peacefully, at least
until I learn enough about cars to be able to tinker.

Thanks in advance...
Cam Johnson
trustno1@xxxx