[DML] Re: Good "conditioner" for dash?

I have a nearly empty bottle of a product called Clear Guard, it was made by
Turtle Wax but I haven't been able to find it in several years.The label
says, "contains no water, 100% protectant". One of my cars had a dash that
looked dull no matter what protectyant I used, ther Clear Guard was the only
thing that made it shine. It would get dull looking again after a week or
so, I'd put another coat on. Didn't like it on vinyl seats though, too oily
and slick. Grweat for the dash, does anyone know of a source for this
product now? I haven't seen it in at least 4-5 years.
I'm reminded of a trick someone tol;d me of way back in the 70's, may have
been before ArmorAll. He had a 1958 Ford with original dash pad. Told me
he'd park it in the sun till the vinyl got hot, then rub Vaseline all over
it, let that soak in, then cover it with a towel. Course it weas stored
inside, and I've never tried that on a car. Anyone else?