[DML] Funny DeLorean smoke story

Well, I had something happen tonight that I thought was funny and would share with you all.

I was driving home from my parents house tonight and as I was entering the town I live, I was waiting at a stop light.  Through the headlights of the car behind me, I could see smoke coming from my engine compartment.  I have had this happen several times to me before with antifreeze leaks, so I thought that when I get to the gas station up ahead (I needed gas pretty bad anyway), I would check it out.

I popped the engine cover and looked around in there until I sort-of located the area that the smoke was coming from, but could not narrow down the specific location.  I was only a few minutes from home, so I filled the tank with gas and went home.  Once I arrived, I got my flashlight and probed around until I finally found was creating the smoke and the funky smell (it smelled like those plastic models that I had as a kid when you set them on fire).  Something was melting on the exhaust manifold.  I then started looking around to find out the location of the plastic part that had come loose - I couldn't find anything.  Then it finally occurred to me!

On my drive to my parents house earlier, a foam cup went under the car and when I looked in the rear mirror, I did notsee it come out.  I just assumed that it did and I missed it.

I crawled under the car and looked a little closer and sure enough, I located a couple of pieces of the white foam cup.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345