[DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

[DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

Title: RE: [DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

Dennis,

Easy fix?!  The water pump R&R looks like a whole lot of disassembly/reassembly to me.  And replacing valve seals or worn rings ain't no afternoon project, either.

When I was in college, I had a $200 car that needed constant maintenance to keep running, and since I couldn't afford a mechanic I learned quickly about automotive repair.  But now I make more than minimum wage and my free time is muchmore valuable to me...I'd much rather spend my time polishing the stainless (or even driving it!) than being hunched over the engine for many hours.  I knew full well that this car was going to be a "special needs" vehicle when I got it, and was planning on having some major work done (engine rebuild, maybe a turbo?) next year anyway.  I just wasn't prepared to have to make this decision now.

If I had wantedan affordable, reliable car, I would have bought a Honda.  :-)

Gus