[DML] Re: DMC Size

This is a question that seems to periodically crop up. John DeLorean himself is IIRC, 6'4".
The car was designed so he could drive it comfortably.

When I first sat in a D and closed the door (a revelation in itself!) I was sitting high in
the seat and was very amused by the headliner which "fed" my head into the roof as the door
closed - ie it hit me on the head and pushed me into the gap in the middle which seemed
designed to fit it.

In the normal driving position there's still plenty of room for me and I'm 6'1". It's
generally accepted to be one of the best sports cars for tall people.

BTW, after the car was first produced, they sat one of the smallest secretaries at the factory
in the car, and asked her to close the door. She couldn't. That is the origin (as I heard) of
the leather straps...

Martin