[DML] Re: Protecting Interior (was Good "conditioner" for dash?)

DMC Joe wrote:

> . . . the best way to protect your dash from sun
> damage is to use a windshield reflector. No matter
> what product you use constant sun exposure
> will damage your dash and binnacle.

This is very good advice. I believe that the most common waste I have observed among DeLorean
owners was allowing their interiors to absorb excess UV by allowing sunlight in through the
windshield and window glass.

Windshield reflectors do more than just make it more comfortable to enter your car on a hot
day! When you plan on preserving your car for the long term, you should use a windshield
reflector year round. Some people use a car cover, but it seems a shame to cover up such a
beautiful car when it is out in public.

Another tip: Always park your car facing away from the sun (usually North, unless you are
south of the equator). The DeLorean's sunshade louver does a good job of protecting the
interior, take advantage of it.

Finally, last year I made custom sunshades to fit inside my *side* windows. I cut two sheets
of corrugated cardboard to the shape of the windows and covered them with silver lamé fabric.
The beefy DeLorean window frames hold them in place without any adhesive or coupling device,
even when the doors are up. When not in use they lay flat on the rear deck. They look good,
work well, and are easy to use.

With these plus a windshield sunshade I keep my interior cool and totally protected from the
sun, yet my DeLorean still looks beautiful in any parking lot.

- Mike Substelny