[DML] Re: Fuel injection - additive

Bill,

Everyone who express their experiences with Techron by Chevron is right. It
is about the best and one of the most expensive one there is on the retail
market. There are cheaper price fuel injectors cleaners at half the cost and
many of them don't do squat.

I have used all the brands that I can find. I used them at least twice, if
not three times, just to get an experience of the product.

The other fuel injector that is decent is the Redline brand. It is available
at most speed shops. It is on the expensive side too.

Some fuel injector cleaners have water remover (alcohol) ingredient added to
it. This will remove the water or moisture in the fuel tank and system which
will give the feeling that your fuel injectors and the system have been
cleaned. This may give you the wrong impression between water moisture
removed and clean injectors that are properly working. Know the difference!

I would suggest that the tank should always be topped up to prevent water
condensation. Condensation will form in the tank when low on gas. This
water when it comes in contact with metal parts in fuel system created
corrosion, rust and sludge when settled upon the components.

Use a fuel injector cleaner ever 1,000 to 1,500 miles of driving to help
prevent the build up. I do, and it makes a difference when I don't.

No shares or ownership with these products or companies. Just experiences and
routine maintenance.

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY