[DML] gullwing owner

As I have been putting my 2cents in for a long time,I would like to say a
little about my history with gullwing cars,I have owned gullwing cars since
1980,being as my first gullwing was a Bricklin sv-1(which I still own, see a
pic on the bricklin home vin#1024 page, members section)well happy as all
heck enjoying my "B" as at the time Deloreans were not around yet,people
thought it was a Ferarri ,then about a year after I got my "B" I saw my first
Delorean,at $32,000 I knew at the time they were out of my price range,but as
luck would have it I happened to go to a Salvage yard,and lo and behold I
spotted my first Delorean that I was to own(Nov 1981)I bought it,and BOYoBOY
did I ever buy myself a BIG PROJECT car if you have ever seen a boat that has
been underwater for any length of time that was my "D" barnacles
everywhere,needless to say the motor was frozen solid,took me two months to
scrape off the barnacles,then I removed the ss panels off the car,mind you I
was restoring this "D" without any kind of books and there wasn't any
Delorean support to be had anywhere,but I went ahead and dissembled,the
car,had to teach myself as I was going along,pulled the drivetrain out,doors
ect,then when I got to the black body
that's when I found out it was a one piece fiberglass body,took me a while to
figure how to lift the body off the frame with a cherry picker,but I did,and
when I got down to the frame
WOW,the frame was a little dirty,but after scraping off what ever barnacles
were on the frame(found a couple baby starfish),the Frame was a perfect
testament to what John Delorean said,the frame was and is as perfect as if it
rolled down the assembly line,a beautiful lite blue work of art and the black
body came out clean as a whistle(after removing every last nut and bolt
attached to the black body)about the same time I picked up vin5520
(2,200miles)to use to restore the underwater "D" ,the interior was trash,as
salt water was not to kind to the electronics,but the complete wiring system
was trashed,the only parts used were the frame,black body,and SS panels,and
tires and wheels as those were unaffected by salt water,by the way this
"D"was supposed to have been stolen in Bridgeport Conn and dumped in the
Bridgeport harbor,BUT when I took the the Drivers seat out I found the
Ignition Switch
with the key STILL in it,WHY would a car thief break off a ignition switch if
the key was still in it,Insurance fraud maybe? Anyway I was using everything
out of vin 5520
including all the wiring and electronics,Boy have I learned a lot about
"D"s,again those were my beginnings with Deloreans,since then,I have restored
other "D"s and also other Bricklins,Fiero GTs and Corvettes,some which I
still have,anybody else out there have a rich history with Gullwing
restorations?

Claude
Bricklin and Delorean
owner since 1980