[DML] 1981 DeLorean Idle Speed

Dear DMCNews,

I recently purchased a turbo 1981 DeLorean VIN # 1460 with 30k miles. I am also a member of the DeLorean Owners Association Member number 5624.

At times the idle speed runs high. This is less prominent with the AC on. Normally the idle speed is around 1000 but at times it runs in the 1200-1300 range and as high as 1500. When I stop at a light or sign I need to rev the accelerator up slightly and it returns to around 1000 rpm's. Sometimes it resets itself down with a "clicking" noise coming from the rear right of the cockpit. There is also a click occasionally from the dash but I cannot pin down what is causing it.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort.

Sincerely,

Richard Kula

Richard Kula

Richard Kula