[DML] Re: Gas Mileage

Under optimum conditions a DeLorean can get outstanding fuel economy. When I first got my car
I drive it on a two tank trip that was 99% highway, monitoring my fuel consumption very
carefully.

Driving conservatively, obeying the 65 mph speed limit, making fewest possible stops, carrying
minimum baggage and no luggage rack, I was able to get about 29 mpg!

A few years ago, when a bunch of us drove our DeLoreans from Ohio to the DOA Expo in
Nashville, other owners reported similar results. A well tuned, conservatively driven,
lightly loaded DeLorean can probably achieve 30 mpg on the highway. Of course these are
DeLorean miles, as measured by DeLorean odometers.

- Mike Substelny