[DML] wanting to trade GTO for a D in a local museum-need help

[DML] wanting to trade GTO for a D in a local museum-need help

well, this is my first post. i've loved the delorean automobile ever
since i was 10. (the first time i saw back to the future) i'm now a
little bit older and a little bit wiser........17!!!!! I've seen 6 Ds
in my life. right now, i'm driving around in a 1971 Pontiac GTO. (hey
now, it's KINDA related to the D!) I promised myself i would own a D
SOMETIME in my life. there is a 1981 model in a local museum for sale.
the owner is asking $20,000, which i feel is a little bit pricey. the
ss looks a little discolored in some spots (kinda yellowish). The
fascias need painted. the seats are missing their backs and are kinda
cracked up. oh yeah, the doors also droop, but i know how to fix that.
: ) I don't have a clue how many miles the car has on it. I've never
heard it run. the engine looks fairly clean. I don't know anything
about the epoxy undercoating. does this sound like a fair price for
the car?? if i did purchase it, i would have to part ways with my
beloved GTO. i would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Derek Osborn
1971 Pontiac GTO T-37
1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (in my dreams)