[DML] Re: turbo kits...

There seems to be alot missing in these turbo kits. There is no mention of a blow off valve, intercooler, or wastegate. It doesn't state how high the boost level is either. This level will decide whether or not you'll need fuel and ignition upgrades as well. Without these components you'll go through the turbo and engine before you can say "88 mph!"

Marc

From: Mats Karlsson <ford.prefect@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] turbo kits...
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:31:36 +0200

This is for all you performance people out there...

Sweden, where I live, being the home country of Volvo naturally has a
lot of Volvos. Therefore I though that it might be simpler to find
turbos for the D' here.

I found a company named GIK turbo, which makes turbo kits for all
different types of Volvo engines, and guess what.. They have two
different kits for the B28F/PRV engine.

Kit 1:
Single turbo with simple assembly.
product id: B1342
Cost: approx $1600

Kit 2:
Dual turbo providing more power and and requiring more assembly time.
(60 - 80 h in a shop)
Product id: B1343
Cost: approx $2600

These kits come complete with pre calculated settings and assembly instructions.

If anyone is interested, GIK Turbo can be called at:
011 4631 571220

or emailed at

info@xxxx

or go to www.gikturbo.se, if you speak Swedish...