Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:58:56 -0700
From: Select Auto Insurance Program <staff@xxxx>
To: 911/993/996 <911@xxxx>
Subject: [911] Re: justifying replacement cost

Hi Aaron,

The value differences you refer to are when someone has a 'stated' value
rather than an 'agreed' value. If the magic word 'agreed' is there its a
done deal, and thats universal.

Lots of people have 'stated' value, but thats only used to figure out how
much you get charged. The insurance company may allow you -- often via
silence on the subject -- to believe you have some sort of protection, when
you don't. Sadly I see this happen very frequently.

If someone wants details on what this insurance value stuff all means send
me something off-list and I'll send a link to a page I wrote on the subject.
It also includes instructions on how to hammer your ins. co. to figure out
if you're properly protected.

Aaron wrote

<snip>

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx