[DML] Re:Fuel Odor

Here is one for all DMLers

Has any have this experience with is?

I own my DeLorean for 3 1/2 years. It is now the summer and it has been
extremely hot on the East coast. The last couple of days we been having a
heat wave here in NYC. Yesterday was the Fourth of July.

My situation for the last three summers and just yesterday it happened again,
is that when the ambient temperature gets very hot at extremes above the 88
degrees, there is strong smell of gasoline in the interior of my DeLorean.
This smell is strongest when creeping in traffic or standing with the engine
running, after a long run or several hour hours of usage. This doesn't
happen in the cooler ambient temperatures. This condition leads me to
believe that the odor of the gas may be coming form the area of the tank --
the front of the vehicle?
When the vehicle moves, the air fans the smell away from the under carriage
of the car so there is no odor when moving? The level of the smell, is like
a small rag damped with gas left in the interior. I can''t trouble shoot the
problem, unless there is high ambient temperature and the extreme hot
temperature is not there all the time? There is no leak or drip of gasoline,
the fuel consumption is normal. Anyone with experienced answers?

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx