[DML] Parking Brake Adjustment

Well, I adjusted my emergency, parking, break without any help,
unfortunately.

When you take off the wheel there are two adjustment points. Choose the
large
slot head screw with rhe cotter pin! Its a no brainer. Don't play
with the
two nut adjustment on the cable! Remove the cotter pin and screw in the

slot
head screw untill the rotor won't turn. Then back off the screw where
the
rotor will JUST turn. Mabye not too freely. Then put in the cotter pin

or
back off the screw until the cotter pin will fall in the screw head
slot.
Replace the cotter pin. Do both sides, your done. An hour or so.

If you touch the brake cable adjustment on the break cable, two nuts on
either
side of a bracket, and remove the peg on the end of the cable from the
arm, WHEN REPLACING THE NUT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PEG, DO NOT OVER
TIGHTEN THE LOCK NUT! IT WILL BREAK OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE PEG!

And turn a 1 hour job into a 6 hour job. Actually another 10 hour job
to fix the peg. Or you could buy a new cable, but that's got to be $100
-
$200+ ? for a new cable, plus hours to install. DON'T DO IT!!!!

The cotter pin - slot screw is simple.

Don't take out the end of the cable from the bracket.

There is some self-adjusting mechanism in the parking break bracket, but

it obvisouly dosen't work, hense the need to adjust the parking break.
Mine now holds solidly at about 3 clicks on the parking break. It
passed the
safety check in Connecticut easily after this ajustment.

If you're doing this and need some help, call me at (203) 377-7551
(home). I'm an engineer. Or (203) 783-2729 8-5 (work) EDT

Bob

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx, not to the eGroups address shown