[DML] Re: D as a first car?

How morbid, waiting for you aunt to die so you can buy a DeLorean. Does
she know about this?

Without knowing you..... I hate to say it, but I agree with your dad.

Owning any older car as a first car is a bad idea for a average person.
A "collector" car is much more enjoyable when you can afford the time,
money, and aggravation associated with owning such a car.

As most here agree (we are all DeLorean fans), a well maintained
DeLorean can be very reliable. On the other hand, the average grease
monkey has enough trouble with more common cars. Some parts cant be
purchased at pep-boys, and there may be times the car is unusable for a
few days or more.

My first car when I was 16 was a 1966 mustang (this was in 1986). For
the first year or so, I used my parents cars more than mine. While it
was no problem for me, it was for them! With lots of money and time (I
did a lot of work myself), the car was reliable and would go a few weeks
at a time with no problems. I still have the car today.

In retrospect, I am glad I did it. I learned a lot about cars,
economics, and life in general. But this is me, and like I said before
I dont know you!

Also, $12,000 in most cases will not get you a reliable DeLorean.

I doubt your dad will see this message, huh?

Whatever you decide to do, please dont buy a Sport Utility Vehicle!

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews