[DML] Re: Another Delorean Tale

 >No mystery, here. He is talking about the inertia (impact) switch. The
>switch which is common to all cars with electric fuel pumps is designed to
>cut power to the fuel pump and unlock the doors in the event of an
>accident. The rubber mallet will only work on cars with defective switches.
>BTW the doors will not fly open, they'll just unlock.
>
>DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>

QUESTION: Is this only when the ignition is on? I hate to think that
someone could jar or hit my car and the doors would just unlock. I realize
that it have to be a significant impact to trip the inertia switch, but
nonetheless could it happen?
Brian
Vin 16584

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews