[DML] Re: Fuel hose - Special part?

Mark N wrote:

> Is the fuel hose from the pump to the steel line a special type of hose
> only available from the DeLorean parts dealers? Or is it something that
> NAPA would stock? If NAPA would have something, what do I need to ask for?
> This part #106979 in the parts book.
It is high pressure SAE100R7 1/4" hose, not normal fuel line. It is a teflon
hose reinforced with braid, similar to the so-called stainless steel clutch
lines but reinforced with cloth braid rather than steel. Do not use plain
fuel hose, it will not stand the pressure and will probably set your
car on fire. There are actually three of these hoses on the car, two at the
fuel pump and one at the accumulator. All of the injection hoses are similar
but not exactly the same.

This hose are readily available from the Delorean places, or ask for
Anson type TL704 from a hydraulics place. Aeroquip makes something
similar. Then the fun part is getting them installed on the barb
fittings. It's a very tight fit.

Dave

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews